My client is an independent agency opened in 1996 by the Director, they keep their focus on offering next level customer service and investing in their employees as the best way to stand out in the London property market.
With over 15 years’ experience working in and around Hackney, it gives them an advantage of being in the unique position as one of the longest serving estate agents in the borough.
They are currently looking for a Guranteed Rents Business Development Manager to launch and grow the department.
· Generate new business within the department by obtaining new developments/Properties from the Council and Landlords
· Understand the Infrastructure of the Guaranteed rent Industry
· Initiate & maintain new & existing marketing strategies
· Following up on new leads and referrals
· Carrying out letting’s assessments (where appropriate) and fully setting up new properties in accordance with the company procedures
· Arranging the marketing of new and existing properties to ensure maximum revenue for the company
· Matching customer enquiries with appropriate properties and arranging and undertaking viewings
· Its Essential that you have experience within the Guaranteed Rental Sector ideally in business development/sales and relationship management.
· Able to demonstrate good performance in successful and profitable new business relationships.
· Understanding of sales strategies, market trends and customer client groups.
· Applies proven techniques in B2B well as B2C.
· Good team worker with experience of achieving targets without compromising on quality.
· Highly motivated with a desire to help to grow the business.
· Enjoy working in a fast paced/thriving, competitive environment.
· Have a 'can do’ and driven attitude
· Professional demeanour.
· Exceptional sales/closing/listening/negotiation skills.
· Good attention to detail.
· Ability to prioritise and excellent time management skills.
· To approach Council and Private landlords to obtain new properties to offer
· Generate leads through effective marketing
· Gaining a clear understanding of customer and clients' businesses and requirements.
· Translate and report on business and customer trends and report to the management team.
· Proactive work and relationship building with existing and potential business partners.
· Attending team meetings and sharing best practice with colleagues.
· Presenting the service favourably and in a structured professional way via email or telephone communication.
· Gathering customer information.
· Challenging any objections with a view to closing the customer/client
HOURS AND PACKAGE
· Monday to Friday 9-6
?Basic salary of £20-30K dependant on your experience and level of Business you can generate
?Commission Structure to be discussed and agreed