An independent Lettings and Sales Agency in Bristol are looking for an experienced Property Manager to join their team.
Established over 15 years ago, the company successfully cover the whole of Bristol, South Gloucestershire, and some of North Somerset.
Reporting to the Office Manager, you will be required to work within a team, and responsibilities will include day to day duties to help ensure the department runs smoothly, along with the following areas:
- Ensuring inventories are in place, signed off by tenant and dealing with queries/ maintenance issues raised on check in.
- Ensuring gas, pat and other certificates are in place ahd in date.
- Contacting landlords & tenants re tenancy renewals.
- Negotiating rent increases.
- Serving Sections 21 and 8.
- Booking Property Inspections.
- Booking and inventories & check outs.
- Carrying out inventories, check outs, property inspections and the occasional mini inspection should there be a maintenance issue that needs checking.
- Dealing with day to day property management queries.
- Organising maintenance issues raised from inspections and reported by tenants.
- Arranging contractors to undertake work at managed properties.
- Passing charges to the Accounts Team for maintenance jobs, completed tenancy renewals etc.
- Contacting utility companies on move in and move out of tenants.
Other General Duties:
- Key Audis
- Tagging up keys and putting into system.
- Any other duties that help to run the department.
- Experience in working in a fast paced environment.
- Good administration skills and be computer literate.
- You will have excellent communication skills, be efficient and organized, and will have the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Strong organisation skills.
- You will have a confident manner with the ability to deal with people at all levels.
- You will be good at building relationships and will be able to remain calm and professional in a sometimes high pressure environment.
- Capable, well organised, well presented, and confident.
- Good negotiating skills.
- You will be an excellent administrator as the role involves all the administration involved with the Letting process.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Advanced experience in MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- At least 1 years’ experience in lettings.
- Some strong property management experience having used property management software.
- Experience of sending out Section Notices 21 & 8, as well as negotiating deposit refunds.
- A working knowledge of both Residential Property Management, as well as Residential Lettings.
- Qualified with ARLA would be useful, but not essential.
- A car is essential.
This is a full time position and hours of work are Monday to Friday 8.45am – 5.30pm. You will be required to occasionally work some Saturdays (9.00am – 4.00pm) and have an allocated day off in the week
Salary is £22,000 to £27,000 depending on experience with the opportunity to earn commission.
For more details please call us on 01242 228362.
AMR are one of the UK’s largest specialist recruiters for the Property, Estate Agency, Lettings & Property Management, Land & New Homes, Commercial Property and the Mortgage Market.
We also specialise in recruiting Graduate Trainee Estate Agents for the Property industry.
If this role is not suitable for you, but you know of someone that might be interested, please remember our £250 - Recommend a friend scheme (Subject to our terms and conditions)
We like to speak to every application, but due to the current climate this is not always possible. To ensure your application is not overlooked it is important that you emphasize any skills or work experience relevant to this position. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days please assume that you have been unsuccessful in this instance, we will also therefore not hold your data.