A reputable and well established Estate Agency and Lettings firm in Bristol are looking to recruit an experienced Property Manager to join their busy Lettings team.
Duties of the role:
- To assist with the management of the property portfolio of managed properties in order to maximize office income including the retention of properties and clients.
- Deal with the management of all property maintenance issues.
- Liaise with landlords and negotiate with contractors for works to be carried out on properties.
- Ensure all contractors have current Liability cover and carry out periodic performance reviews to ensure contractors are fit for purpose, competitive and that their work is of an acceptable high standard.
- Arrange gas safety certificates and all other legal documentation to ensure that all managed properties comply with current legislation.
- Manage the property diary system to ensure that all reminders, gas safety inspections, regular property inspections and tenancy renewals are completed on time.
- Liaise with front office staff to ensure a smooth check in/out process.
- Arrange and carry out property inspections including reporting findings to the landlord and arranging remedial works and/or follow up visits if required.
- Manage all tenancy renewals and secure renewal fees from landlords and tenants.
- Notify utility companies of new tenancy details or change of occupants including all meter readings.
- Produce periodic reports as required.
- Liaise with tenants and landlords to deal with maintenance issues.
- Liaise with contractors and tradesmen.
- Assist with the management of front office dealing with face to face, telephone and e-mail enquiries.
- General administration, including typing, filing, post and ordering stationary.
Duties will vary and you must expect to lend a hand wherever is possible.
- Effectively manage the property infrastructure along side the Senior Property Manager.
- Ensure that inspections and checkouts are carried out to the highest standards
- Deal with deposit repayments/disputes
- Handle all communications from tenants, landlords and contractors.
- Ensure H&S and regulatory compliance
Key Skill/other requirements
- Computer literate and comfortable with industry type software
- Current clean driving license
- Knowledge of the local area
- Tenacious and hardworking
- Driven and eager to exceed expectations
- Personable and charismatic
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize objectives
- Good communicator both written and oral
For more information regarding this opportunity, please call Carrianne on 01242 228362.
We like to speak to every application, but due to the current climate this is not always possible. To ensure your application is not overlooked it is important that you emphasize any skills or work experience relevant to this position. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days please assume that you have been unsuccessful in this instance.