Our client is looking for an experienced Property Manager to join their growing team.
The role of a property manager is vital to the success of a lettings organisation. Our client is therefore looking for a responsible and professional individual who can handle any given situation in a calm and respectful manner despite the circumstance. The property manager will deal with all tenant-related issues, acting as a representative for the landlord and will be the first port of call once tenants move into a property.
Your qualities must include;
1. Key communication skills.
2. Ability to handle difficult situations in a professional and empathic manner.
3. Excellent problem solver
4. Knowledge of the industry essential along with practical and general maintenance experience.
5. Ambition to grow within the role and take on further responsibilities within the Company.
1. Once the tenants are moved in, the property manager is the first port of call if something goes wrong! Working as the lynchpin between the owner of the property and the tenants.
2. The primary role of the property manager is to oversee the running of the property on behalf of the owner, the upkeep and maintenance of the building is a key part of this job. In charge of keeping the property in good condition as well as the surrounding grounds, essential duties will include dealing with repairs, breakages and the general maintenance of the grounds and garden. Liaising with tenants and contractors for access. Giving recommendations of general suggestions on improvements the property to.
3. A good property manager will handle all of the outgoing operations for the property, which can include anything from noise complaints to maintenance issues.
4. Working directly with the owners, communication is key. This includes keeping the owner informed of utility vacant rates, business policies, legal issues.
5. Property managers can be invaluable to the landlord when it comes to the legal aspects of letting a property, with a good understanding of up-to-date laws and practices which need to be complied with. Building confidence and trust between landlord / tenant and the property manager is essential. 6. Another important aspect of the role is to ensure inspections are carried out to our terms with the landlord, this will include highlighting any maintenance of safety issues and ensuring the property is continuing to be legally compliant.
7. Building excellent relationships with contractors is vital to ensure maintenance can be carried out in a timely fashion.
8. Computer proficient. Knowledge of software packages.
The candidate would be required to work Saturdays with a day off in lieu.
We like to speak to every application, but due to the current climate this is not always possible. To ensure your application is not overlooked it is important that you emphasize any skills or work experience relevant to this position. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days please assume that you have been unsuccessful in this instance, we will also therefore not hold your data.
AMR are one of the UK?s largest specialist recruiters for the Property, Estate Agency, Lettings & Property Management, Land & New Homes, Commercial Property and the Mortgage Market.
We recruit for the roles of: Branch Manager, Residential Sales Manager, Valuer, Lister, Senior Sales Negotiator, Residential Sales Negotiator, Residential Sales Progressor, Country Homes Negotiator, Senior Lettings Negotiator Lettings Negotiator, Lettings Manager, Lettings Coordinator, Letting Administrator, Property Manager, Block Manager, Regional Manager, Regional Director, Area Manager, New Homes Sales Advisor, Land Finder, Land Buyer, Surveyor, Mortgage Advisor, Mortgage Consultant, Commercial Negotiator, New Homes Sales Consultant,
We also specialise in recruiting Graduate Trainee Estate Agents for the Property industry
If this role is not suitable for you, but you know of someone that might be interested, please remember our ?250 - Recommend a friend scheme (Subject to our terms and conditions)