A well established family run business in North Somerset have a rare and exciting opportunity for a Lettings and Property Manager.
Looking for a highly organised, enthusiastic, and motivated individual looking to further their career in the property industry, the purpose of the role is to support the Property and Land Manager to develop the strategic plan for the property portfolio and implement processes and procedures needed to continue a successful lettings business and maintain high standards within their property portfolio.
You will be responsible for managing the lettings process and making sure the property portfolio is kept to a high quality standard. You will ensure the property stock of both commercial and residential property is well represented and advertised.
You will provide excellent customer service to potential tenants whilst managing expectations and ensuring background checks and regulations are followed before finalising tenancy agreements.
Throughout the process, excellent customer service and a focus on maintaining high quality standards within and around the properties is key.
You will also manage the bookings and upkeep of 7 self-catered holiday accommodation lets; including managing all aspects of advertising and pricing, managing direct bookings as well as keeping on top of bookings from third-party booking companies and liaise with the guests to ensure they have everything they need throughout their stay. You will coordinate the guest changeover days and make sure the cottages are cleaned and well-presented ready for each new guest arrival.
Other responsibilities include:
- Diary management, arranging and conducting viewing appointments, property inspections, check in and check out property reports and ensuring proactive and reactive maintenance work is carried out to maintain high standards.
- Preparing and arranging the completion of tenancy agreements and all other necessary lettings documentation.
- Updating Website, Property Portals, preparing Property Particulars and making sure rental income is in line with the current market value. Managing prospective tenant/holiday let enquiries.
- Carry out regular property inspections and follow up maintenance work, report and manage repairs for maintenance issues as required. Respond to all maintenance issues in a timely manner.
- Cost-effective procurement of materials and sub-contractor services for maintenance requirements and assist with ongoing project work arranging competitive tenders for new build projects.
- Contractor management; retaining good working relations with our preferred sub-contractors. Liaising with contractors and tenants to arrange access to properties whilst following Covid safety policies.
- Ensuring all Property Management Information files are compliant with internal processes and Industry regulations (servicing fire safety equipment, gas safety checks and annual boiler servicing, periodic electrical inspections, annual PAT testing, EPC certificates etc). Ensure appropriate property certification documentation is produced and recorded and kept up to date.
- Office administration, organisation and filing procedures. Letter writing and email correspondence. Dealing with telephone enquiries.
- Prepare holiday lets for guest change-over. Ensure all items within properties are replaced/repaired as required in line with inventory procedure.
- Ensure the properties are maintained according to Health and Safety guidelines and company procedures, creating timely work-plans for the in-house maintenance, grounds keeping and cleaning teams. Making sure all sites are kept clean and tidy in-line with company standards and specification.
- Support the Property & Land Manager with continued expansion and improvement of the property portfolio.
- Support the business in keeping the office, rental properties and holiday lets Covid safe environments.
There will be an element of out of hours working required to respond occasional queries from tenants and holiday let guests on evenings and weekends.
This role is both admin and people focused, so great communication and interpersonal skills are an essential requirement for this role, as well as being highly organised, with good time keeping and attention to detail is key.
Experience within the property industry in a customer facing role is essential.
You will be a natural communicator and problem solver with a positive and pro-active can-do attitude.
Ability to respond confidently to questions, understand requirements and deal with customers, contractors and colleagues.
Computer literate with Excel and Word knowledge
Must have a Full Driving Licence and transport
Working hours are Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5pm (with occasional on call response evenings and weekends)
Company mobile phone will be provided.
Mileage paid for work related travel.
For more details please call Carrianne on 01242 228362.
AMR are one of the UK’s largest specialist recruiters for the Property, Estate Agency, Lettings & Property Management, Land & New Homes, Commercial Property and the Mortgage Market.
If this role is not suitable for you, but you know of someone that might be interested, please remember our £250 - Recommend a friend scheme (Subject to our terms and conditions)