A multi-award-winning estate and letting agent based in the heart of Birmingham city centre are looking to recruit a lettings specialist to enhance the team. Over the course of 16 (and counting) years in business, exclusively representing Birmingham city centre, the team have forged a revered reputation as market experts. Renowned for letting, managing, selling and consulting on high-quality apartments in the area, they focus on a niche market and do it expertly; with a portfolio of over 1,500 fully-managed and Build-to-Rent apartments.
OVERVIEW OF JOB ROLE:
To successfully let properties to appropriately qualified applicants, ensuring that communication is maintained with all prospective tenants and landlords throughout. To take responsibility for accurately processing information on the relevant software to ensure a smooth and efficient customer journey. The company operate in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment. The role will suit a dynamic individual keen to embrace challenges. You will be proactive, open to change and ready to hit the ground running as well as welcoming the opportunity to get involved with projects that sit outside of your main responsibilities.
AS A LETTINGS CONSULTANT YOU WILL:
• Monitor the applicant database daily and successfully match qualified applicants to the right properties
• Take ownership of the leads portal and to register, qualify and book viewings for these applicants
• Conduct viewings (virtual and physical) with applicants
• Aim to achieve the best possible rent for the client, in the swiftest timeframe possible, ensuring any special conditions are clearly defined and agreed
• Diary management - booking viewings, factoring in travel time and admin time, etc
• Once a deal (price and special conditions) has been agreed by all parties, to accurately upload the information on to the relevant software in order to obtain the holding deposit payment.
• Report back to the wider team on a weekly basis as requested by the Associate Director of Lettings.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
• Is known to be a sales and service expert. You’ll need to use these skills to deliver the extraordinary each and every time and take the initiative to provide additional services where appropriate
• Has knowledge of Birmingham city centre
• Has strong administration skills that you will use to record offers, feedback and for progressing lets.
• Is a great communicator. You will be able to positively engage with all different types of applicant and landlord (domestic and international) with varying needs and requirements
• Is well informed. Remaining continuously updated as to our current and upcoming stock and lettings legislation
• Will be immaculately presented at all times
• Has the eagerness and desire to learn and develop
• Has problem solving skills. You’ll go above and beyond to resolve issues for our clients and will easily be able to adapt to each scenario
• Has the ability to prioritise and work under pressure
• Is target driven
This is a full time role. You will be based in an office location for around 30% of your time, and around, 70% of your time will be spent out of the office. You will be occasionally be required to work outside ‘office hours’, on weekends and evenings in order to secure business and meet clients’ and customers’ needs. You will have to be flexible and will be provided with a mobile phone to facilitate working out of the office.
• Basic salary £16,500- £17,500 depending on experience with an OTE of £23,000
• Workplace pension
• Healthcare Cashplan
• Life Assurance Scheme
• Learning and Development opportunities