Financial Controller for Market Leading Property Consultancy.
This is a fantastic opportunity with one of The Country's most highly regarded and forward thinking property consultancy firms.
They are an exciting, fast-growing start-up lets and lettings management company, with a substantial portfolio spread across the UK, currently with most of the properties in Birmingham and South of England.
They are expanding rapidly and require a finance leader that can deal with and seeks the challenge of working within a quickly growing business. The Financial controller (FC) will be responsible for Corporate and Client Accounting financial operations, reporting and compliance. You will oversee a team of 2-3 FTE.
Role: Responsible for all corporate accounting duties covering:
• Cashflow management,
• Paying suppliers,
• Management Accounting with variances and commentary,
• Bank reconciliations,
• Year end accounts preparation,
• Regular sales reporting to management team,
• All other duties to ensure company finances are managed and reported. Manage and support Short-let accounting operations:
• Ensure payments received from OTA/booking platforms are reconciled,
• Ensure all costs are charged to Hosts correctly,
• Ensure contractors/third party charges are correctly accounted and paid
• Ensure Hosts/landlords are paid efficiently,
• Review VAT arrangements and develop new processes
• Support and process month end landlord payments and reporting
• Develop reporting tools for landlords (in conjunction with commercial managers)
• Support and develop relevant systems & procedures Manage and support Lettings & Property Management Accounting operations:
• Ensure compliance to client money regulations and lettings regulations,
• Ensure all rent and deposits are accounted for correctly,
• Ensure contractors/third party charges are correctly accounted and paid,
• Process Landlord payments efficiently and in a timely manner,
• Working with the Lettings Team oversee tenant payments, building relationships with tenants to understand their financial situation.
Skills Desirable qualities are:
• Experience using Lettings & management software, OR • Experience with Short lets or Tour operator software- Online, Guesty, Payprop, Dexter • ACA, ACCA, or CIMA Qualified, • Microsoft Excel advanced user