This is a rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced lettings manager with knowledge of commercial to join this independent brand in Cambridge.
The Role: Overall responsibility for the management of a large property portfolio of commercial property in South Cambridgeshire.
The duties of this role will include but not be limited to;
* Day to day management of the property portfolio.
* Holding overall responsibility for setting, controlling, monitoring, budgeting and reconciliation of service charges.
* Property maintenance issues and health & safety aspects of the properties. Organising safety certification and remedial works.
* Checking and approving expenditure against service charge budgets.
* Inspecting vacant units and completing repairs, overseeing the contractors.
* Liaising with tenants to clarify their leases obligations such as rent, service charge payments, use of the building.
* Liaising with tenants, clients and solicitors
* Dealing with applications for assignment and sub-letting.
* Handling the financial aspects by ensuring rents have been collected, paying bills; forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances.
* Investigating and resolving tenant complaints.
* Responsible for obtaining competitive quotes and insurance claims.
* Responsible for managing and processing invoices
* Ensuring management systems are up to date and maintained.
* Ideally will be MRICS or have at least 3 years' prior experience of managing commercial properties.
* Applicants will have a background in undertaking all issues involved in managing a commercial property (insurances, dilapidations, service charge, H&S, etc) across most commercial property types (office, industrial, retail).
* Sound knowledge of relevant legislations and procedures
A generous salary is being offered, which is negotiable dependent on experience.