A great opportunity to join a well established Lettings business as a Block Manager on a part time basis working 3 days a week.
The function of the role is to manage a portfolio of residential property, providing efficient and accurate administrative and day to day management.
- Overseeing the day to day management of leasehold properties to a high standard under the guidance of your line manager
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with the client, prepare quarterly management reports, attend and minute client Board meetings, including AGM's, Director's meetings and residents meetings
- Assist in the review of service charge budgets including reserve funding for the forthcoming year
- Receive and manage all reactive and planned repairs and maintenance requirements and bringing any major defects to the attention of the property surveyor for inclusion in cyclical maintenance programmes
- Placing, overseeing and regularly reviewing maintenance contracts for equipment, plant and general services and ensuring the service visits are undertaken as per the contract
- Ensure that all utility contracts are passed to the Company preferred broker and renewal dates are adhered to
- Assist with the project management of major internal ad external works along with the relevant surveyor or relevant professional; consultant and ensure that all notices are served in accordance with Section 20 Landlord and Tenant Act
- Maintain strong working relationships with insurance brokers, surveyors, contractors, consultants etc and create new working arrangements for the benefit of the client and the Company
- Ensure that all insurances other than building insurance including for example Terrorism, D&O, Personal Accident Cover and Engineering are relevant to the scheme and are current
- Promptly log insurance claims and manage all claims efficiently and effectively and liaise with the insurance broker and loss adjusters as applicable
- Be the first point of contact for all Leaseholder enquiries and ensuring prompt response
- Check for accuracy and issue service charge and ground rent applications for payment
- Carry out service charge debt recovery
- Carry out regular site visits
- Assist in the management of all compliance issues
- Ensuring pre sale enquiry packs are updated in conjunctions with the conveyance department
- Ensure that Health and Safety regulations are adhered to
- Maintain regular communication with residents concerning management issues
- Assist in ensuring prompt delivery of service charge accounts to leaseholders
- Assist with company secretarial duties
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Property Management team
- Undertake structured reviews and updates with your line manager
You will have good written and verbal communication skills and will be able communicate with a diverse client group.
We like to speak to every application, but due to the current climate this is not always possible. To ensure your application is not overlooked it is important that you emphasize any skills or work experience relevant to this position. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days please assume that you have been unsuccessful in this instance.