An amazing opportunity with an award winning firm in Shrewsbury. They are an architecture and building consultancy practice with eight core services and nine key sectors.
The landscape architects similarly work across the practice amongst a broad range of work types. This is often in close collaboration with both our architects and wider external project teams, including local authorities, private developers and contractors, creating positive, dynamic and sustainable landscape architecture. The work will include landscape masterplans, public realm and biodiverse landscapes as well as designs for education, transportation, commercial offices, residential developments and more.
As a Landscape Architect with at least 2 years post P2C experience, you should ideally be a member of the UK’s Landscape Institute and have proven skills of managing and delivering projects from inception to completion on site. The post has excellent opportunities for career enhancement.
• Take ownership of allocated individual projects from inception through delivery to completion on site
• Be a competent and creative designer
• Manage junior members of staff
• Prepare drawings and documents using a variety of software packages, notably AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign & Sketch-Up. Revit is an advantage but not a necessity.
• Appraise sites in terms of their opportunities, restrictions and risks
• Liaise, engage and present to project stakeholders including clients, contractors, planning departments and members of the public
• Assist with business development, bids & marketing
• Preparation of fee proposals
Required Skills and Experience
• You will have sound design and drawing skills with a practical but creative approach and an eye for detail
• Excellent English Language written and spoken skills
• Degree or Post Graduate diploma in Landscape Architecture preferably from a school accredited by the Landscape Institute
• Chartered status MLI having successfully completed the LI Pathway to Chartership (P2C)
• Excellent design, drawing and presentation skills including hand drawing capabilities
• Good knowledge of hardworks design, available products and standard and bespoke construction detailing
• Experience of public realm design, and ability to resolve levels and site contours
• Have an innovative approach to design and a good capability for visualisations
• Good knowledge of the UK Planning process & Building Regulations.
• Able to prepare detailed design and working drawings, schedules and NBS specifications
• Good knowledge and understanding of business and finance and working within the larger strategic framework
• Structured approach to problem solving, capable of making decisions when required whilst knowing when support is required
• Good understanding of significance of QA procedures and Health & Safety requirements
• Able to drive and possess a full UK driving licence
• 23 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, increasing to 27 days upon reaching 5 years’ continuous service
• Life Assurance Scheme
• Health Cash Plan
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Long Service Awards
• Refer a friend scheme
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, interviews may be conducted remotely via video conferencing and depending on start date and government guidelines the role would begin working from home. The first few days of employment are likely to be in the office for the start of the Induction process.