Job ID JO0000051484
The Tenancy Services Team deliver a 360-degree service to all Clients. They deal with all aspects of the lettings portfolios once a tenant is found for a property, including but not exclusive to referencing, contracts, inspections, compliance, maintenance and accounting.
The Tenancy Services Team Manager will have responsibility for a team who have all been allocated a portfolio of clients for which they will have overall responsibility and approval rights on the day-to-day management of these assets. Working symbiotically with the relevant branch, the Tenancy Services Team will make themselves fully appraised of the clients’ management requirements and strategic objectives. They will also ensure that the assets are managed in accordance to government and local legislation whilst aiming to make it profitable for the investor. As Tenancy Services Team Manager, you will ensure that the above is being done in line with company policy and to the highest possible standard of customer service in mind.
The Tenancy Services Team Manager will work towards departmental KPIs set for all roles and have overall responsibility to ensure that these are met and reported by the Team Leaders. These are based around customer pressure points to ensure we are delivering the best possible service to our clients. You will keep a record of all KPIs on a regular basis, ensuring that the data is available for the Operations Board at any time.
Beyond this, you will oversee all departments’ Tenancy Managers and Team Leaders who will in turn look after their own portfolios of clients. You will manage escalated day to day people issues such as absences, performance, conduct and development for their team members. Your overall goal will be to ensure that your team delivers impeccable service to clients, achieve set KPIs and work closely with other departments to create synergy across the business whilst providing support, guidance and decision making where needed. You will also be expected to work with other Team Managers, Heads of Department and the Operations Board to develop improvements and strategy planning for the business and will be responsible for escalated verbal and written complaints as well as ad-hoc project work.
• Overall management of department KPIs, ensuring they are met and subsequently reported in line with company policy
• Report and present department KPIs to Operations Board as and when required
• Responsible for setting SMART objectives and ensuring these are achieved by the team
• Ensure ad-hoc, strategic and operational departmental projects and audits are completed personally or with the support of junior management
• Assisting senior management with the training and up-skilling of Tenancy Managers, Client Accounts and Inspections Team
• Carry out regular check ins and career milestone forms, including probation reviews, with team members as and when required
• Oversee all day to day people issues for the department and manage that of any direct reports such as annual leave and sickness
• Ensure full compliance is achieved across the department with people management tasks relating to absence and payroll reporting
• Work to support and build effective relationships with managers in other departments to create synergy across the business
• Effectively handle escalated complaints in line with company policy, in conjunction with key stakeholders
• Oversee the onboarding of contractors and suppliers and interested 3rd parties, ensuring full compliance with internal processes and current legislation
• Oversee the effective management of contractor and/or supplier relationships, ensuring full compliance with internal processes and current legislation
• Work with the Associate Director and the People Team to recruit and select the right people for the team in times of growth or attrition
• Implement and work in conjunction with the Operations Board, in particular the Tenancy Services Associate Director with all aspects of strategic planning, change and operational improvements within the department
• Ensure all team members understand and deliver ‘exceptional’ customer service in line with company values
• Maintain and build a happy, productive workforce of ‘team players’
• Develop a strong, mentoring relationship with your team and monitor their effectiveness
• Ensure strong team cohesion with branch staff and positive working relationships with other teams within the group
• Ensure staff adopt procedures and policies correctly, making ad hoc checks as and when necessary
• Ensure that team members work towards and achieve their relevant professional qualification
• Work with the People Team to recruit and select the right people for the team in times of growth or attrition
• Establishing standards of service and, in conjunction with the management team, ensure departmental staff are trained and up-skilled in line with customer feedback, business goals and industry expectations
• Carry out regular check ins and career milestone forms, including probation reviews, with direct reports as and when required, also ensuring these are taking place across the team
• Oversee all day to day People issues for the department and manage that of the Managers and Team Leaders such as annual leave and sickness
• Ensure full compliance is achieved across the department with people management tasks, relating but not limited to absence and payroll reporting