Assistant Operations Manager
Our client, is a niche property investment company and due to expansion require an Assistant operations Manager.
Suited to an inpidual with a background ideally in property Management, this is a Monday to Friday role and required someone who is able to be very adaptable, responsible and use their initiative and be decisive.
On a day To day basis the role will be the management of a portfolio of properties. It will include, but not exclusive of, the following tasks:-
• Assess check in reports and notify Landlord of any works required
• Write to all utility companies and local authorities advising of new tenancy details to include meter readings where appropriate
• Set up appointment for first inspection visit
• Take calls from TTs reporting maintenance issues.
• Liaise with Landlord with regards to how they would like these issues dealt with if necessary
• Raise work orders with appropriate local contractor for works to be done
• Monitor work orders on a weekly basis and chase up contractors for status reports
• Upon receipt of invoices cross reference these with work orders and authorise these for accounts to action
• Carry out 10% checks on works completed by contacting TTs to check works carried out to a satisfactory standard
• Monitor compliance tasks (GSC, PIR) and raise work orders in good time to ensure that they do not go out of date.
• Monitor arrears and follow arrears procedure for outstanding rents
• Follow procedure for regular inspections
• Negotiating rent increases with LL at renewal stage
• Issuing renewal documentation
• Serving of Legal Notices to end a tenancy
• Arranging check out appointments
• Assess check out report and raise appropriate work orders
• Liaise between LL and TTs with regard to settling the deposit
• Compile paperwork for TDS disputes if required
• Update TDS website with regard to start dates of tenancies, renewal dates and end of tenancies
• Compile paperwork for court cases
• Respond to complaints from either TTs or LLs in connection to any property management issues
• Escalate unresolved complaints to the Operations Manager
Additional responsibilities to be carried out during periods the Operations Manager is absent.
• Hold daily meetings with Property Management and Lettings Management to discuss the day’s objectives
• Hold fortnightly meetings with all staff to discuss any issues relating to any of the departments that may affect other departments. Take minutes and type these up
• Attend Ops meetings to discuss on going subjects
• Provide maintenance statistics for the fortnightly meetings
• Contact new Landlords and introduce myself as their first point of contact for any questions they may have with regard to our services.
• Ensure that all documentation required for a new property is in place prior to getting new tenants in.
• Monitor new properties as to the number of viewings and how long until they are let.
• Be the first point of contact for Property Management and Lettings Team in event of any queries or issues to assist them in resolving these in the first instance. If they are not able to deal with escalated issues then to take these on, investigate and resolve and correspond with relevant parties to advise of the outcome.
• Attend handover meetings and ensure that all new properties taken on have all the correct documentation and information required
• Ensure that all contractor documentation is up to date
• Visit properties to familiarise myself with the portfolio and meet Landlords or their representatives at properties to discuss any issues they or the tenants may have
• Monitor Interim Inspections are completed
• Monitoring of management keys.
• Ensure that the front office is kept tidy at all times.
• In conjunction with the Accounts Manager ensure that everything is dealt with in the absence of the Directors.
• Compile Board Meeting Statistics and present these to the Board
• Be fully conversant with the procedures and processes of all areas for the Lettings/Sales and Property Management department in order to be able to stand in for any members of the team during periods of absence.
• Attend site meetings with clients as and when required
• Train new members of staff and assist with ongoing training
• Respond to unresolved complaints forwarded by the Lettings/Sales Administrators or Property Managers
Consultant profileConsultant Name: Nick Silverstone
Consultant's office detailsAMR Home Counties (South East)
138-140 Southwark Street
Mob: 07826 060252
Tel: 0203 713 9934
Fax: 0870 066 7162
This region covers: London (SE including DA & BR postcodes) together with the county of Kent.